TeenPit begins on Saturday! Bring your best writing and enter to win a spot in the Pitch Wars agent round. Are you ready? Good! Here are the rules:
When the submission window opens on March 17th, entries will be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following information:
- Teen’s full name and email address
- Age and grade
- Title of the work and current word count (Manuscripts must be at least 25,000 words in length at time of submission window opening to qualify for TeenPit)
- Genre of the work (ex: Young adult contemporary, Middle grade fantasy)
- Parent’s name and contact email
- 50 word pitch for the manuscript
- First page of the manuscript up to 250 words
- All of the above must be pasted into the email. We will not open attachments.
If your work is selected for the mentor round:
- All teens must have a permission slip signed by their parent or guardian allowing their work to be evaluated in the mentor round. In addition, permission is granted to allow the student’s first name, last initial to be published in relation to their entry. A pen name may also be used for privacy. If your manuscript is selected for the mentor round, you will receive a link to our Google permission form.
- Work must be the teen’s original work. Judges may request teen’s FULL MANUSCRIPT prior to selecting a winner.
- Manuscript must be complete no later than August 1, 2018 to be eligible for the PITCH WARS grand prize.
- Only one entry per person, please.
- Writers will be chosen to continue on to the mentor round by a team of first round judges. The number of second round entries will be dependent on the availability of mentors. Judges will pair teens with mentors who are familiar with the entry’s genre.
- Mentors will be experienced adult writers familiar with the world of publishing. Some will be published writers, others may be editors or other uniquely qualified authors. Mentors will work with the finalists on their first chapter up to a maximum of 20 pages!
- Only manuscripts submitted within the submission window will be considered. The window will close at 8 PM EDT on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
- Entries must be middle grade or young adult appropriate. No adult content, please.